和英辞典Vocabulary dictionary

漢字辞典 Kanji dictionary

文法辞典 Grammar dictionary

例文検索 Sentence lookup

test
 

掲示板 Forums - dad problem

Top > 日本語を勉強しましょう / Let's study Japanese! > Anything About Japanese



avatar
ゆぬそ
Level: 20

my dad disapproves of me learning japanese saying it is an annoying language. how to prove him wrong?

0
1 day ago
avatar

You can’t. If you want to learn Japanese, you will have to find a way to do it without your father’s approval.

11
1 day ago
avatar
Icepick87
Level: 646

Tell him you can make dad jokes in Japanese.

11
1 day ago
avatar
Takomocha
Level: 177

You reply with, "oh you are totally right dad, instead of learning something new, I am going to watch tv" and proceed to do it in the most zombie looking way kao_heh.png No but in all seriousness, a parent should be proud that you want to learn such a difficult language. If you cant get his approval, just do it your own way.

8
1 day ago
avatar
Wilder-kun
Level: 153

Ask your dad if you can go to Japan because you’ll need to learn a lot of Japanese or just say”I thought it was go to learn more stuff” or just get good at Japanese.

2
1 day ago
avatar
Henrietta2011
Level: 431

I cannot see a reason why someone should stop you doing what you want to do. The trick I always tell my friends is if you want to do it. Do it.

It should be fine as long as there is no harm to yourself or anyone around you. Though if this is causing some conflict with your dad and there is no way to convince him and it is something you are absolutly passionate about, I would suggest doing it out of his sight such as alone in your room or assuming you are a minor under 18 (or the equivilent in your country) or live with him and maybe buy a few books or something to create a cover story and if he asks what you are doing just say you are reading (or the excuse you made up). If you have some freedom to go out on your own terms or not living with him, you can do it in the public library/ study space.

I used to have study limits in my house dictating how many minutes I can study anything not related to school a day meaning I used to get cheeky, hide in my room with a locked door for hours and pretend to be reading a book while studying Japanese.

Even though I moved out, I still do it but this time avoiding my kids seeing me study on hours end to prevent them from questioning my antics after their bed time at 10pm.

3
20 hours ago
avatar
Jaskien
Level: 107

Our brains like stuff we already know so exsposure could work? Hearing high-pitched anime voices could be annoying but maybe live action stuff wouldn't be? You could find a movie or drama your dad will like and rec it to him or watch it toghether? Maybe he'd like the new Shogun show for example?

My mom never liked anime voices but she has watched Takeru Satoh's I think entire filmography:D

1
13 hours ago
Getting the posts




Top > 日本語を勉強しましょう / Let's study Japanese! > Anything About Japanese


Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:





Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana