和英辞典Vocabulary dictionary

漢字辞典 Kanji dictionary

文法辞典 Grammar dictionary

例文検索 Sentence lookup

test
 

掲示板 Forums - "I know this" selection sometimes does not persist into quiz

Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems



avatar
TheDmac
Level: 2

Sometimes when learning news terms and selecting an option under "I know this" (I.e. a bit, well, or very well), the term still shows up in the accompanying quiz. During the learning portion before the quiz, the term will properly get replaced with a new one, but the old term shows up instead of the new one afterwards in the quiz.

A few notes that may help:

  • Happens both for kanji and vocabulary
  • Only remember seeing it occurring for 1 word per quiz max (possibly just by chance) and doesn't always happen
  • On the Android app
0
27 days ago
avatar

My guess is that you have the slider to mix in terms for review from other schedules set to a non-zero value.

If that’s not it, your best bet is to file an in-quiz bug report when it happens. That gives Michael the full audit trail so he can debug the issue.

1
27 days ago
avatar
TheDmac
Level: 2

I do have that set to a non-zero value, but I don't think that'd be intended functionality. Those quizzes should only have the specific terms being learned, plus I don't get a random additional term, rather I get the term that should have been replaced instead of the term that replaced the original one.

Wasn't aware of the in-quiz bug report feature, so I'll try that the next time I see it happen. Thanks for the info!

0
27 days ago
avatar
マイコー
Level: 346
I do not *think* that could be it (as that slider still requires the term to be ready for study, and marking something as known pushes it off to the future).

I have to wonder if it's tied to the one-word-per quiz max.
So, to confirm, with this, you are getting one word listed in your "new terms" (in order to match your 1 word limit), then you are cycling through them until there is one that is actually new. After that, you'd get that new term, plus maybe 1 or 2 review terms?

I mean, just to be safe, I'd turn those sliders off and see if that eliminates the issue. Unfortunately, the in-quiz report will not help here, as the problem is coming inside the quiz, and not during the term selection.

By chance, do you remember either/both of these?

1. Did the quiz also include the new term you expected to get?
2. For the term that you marked as known, after you answered it, did the mastery level look low enough that it appears to have been the first time you got it right, or was it already boosted to a higher percentage?
0
23 days ago
avatar
TheDmac
Level: 2

I have new terms set to 10 per for vocab and 6 per for kanji. The 1 per quiz max is referring to the occurrence of the bugged terms per one of those new term quizzes (of 6 or 10 terms total). I don't remember ever seeing 2 or more terms bugged within a single quiz, but that may just be chance due to it not occuring that often. To give you an idea on how rare it is, I've been looking for it to happen again since I posted the report, but it hasn't happened since even though I average ~2 known terms per day as a rough estimate (out of 2 x 10 new terms per day).


1. The quiz does not contain the new term (the old/known term still shows up instead) and the new term eventually shows up in another learning/term selection portion, if I'm remembering correctly. It's basically as if I had never clicked I know this for the old/known term.

2. If I had to make a guess, I'd say it didn't appear higher than a completely new term, but I don't pay much attention to the mastery while quizzing, so I could've simply missed it.

0
23 days ago
avatar
マイコー
Level: 346
Got it, thanks. I was hoping that it WAS 1 new term per quiz, as perhaps that was the special situation causing it to happen. As you can imagine, people mark 1000s of new terms as known every day, so there must be something specific causing it to happen in your situation.

Where do you happen to be in the world? I wonder if it might be something as simple as the request not reaching renshuu's servers due to connectivity issues.
0
17 days ago
avatar
TheDmac
Level: 2

I'm near Washington D.C., though I do notice that during quizzes, for example, it occasionally takes 2-3+ seconds (and I've seen it go well over 5 seconds a few times) for it to register an answer and bring up the next screen after selecting one. I wonder if I click the button to start the quiz in less than that time since clicking I know this, then it fails to register properly. I still haven't gotten it to happen again since the post, so I have no new info unfortunately.

0
17 days ago
avatar
マイコー
Level: 346

Relative to others in the world, that's quite a long time for how close you are to the server (west US).

I'm really sorry to hear that the connection is so spotty between you and renshuu, but I strongly suspect that is what is causing it.

1
16 days ago
avatar
ハルヒロ
Level: 506

I think I've had something similar happen recently: in a quiz introducing 5 new words, I marked two two katakana loanwords as already known, including パイ (because, come on, it's pie); I then proceeded to look at the rest of the new terms (including the would-be replacements), and then did the quiz; it included パイ as if nothing had happened. I believe the quiz only had 5 questions, and there were no left-over ready-to-review terms in the schedule.

0
16 days ago
Getting the posts




Top > renshuu.org > Bugs / Problems


Loading the list
Lv.

Sorry, there was an error on renshuu! If it's OK, please describe what you were doing. This will help us fix the issue.

Characters to show:





Use your mouse or finger to write characters in the box.
■ Katakana ■ Hiragana